Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Role of the Wiki in My Classroom

After investigating wikis and trying to build a wiki on my own, I can see that they could be a useful tool in my math classes.  I would design a wiki for each course I teach and organize pages by course content.  The wiki would have generic titles of pages by topic instead of by chapter or section.  This would allow it to be a work in progress and not tied to a particular text or program.  Any notes that I would post would be under the appropriate page.  It would be great if Tegrity videos could be posted under a page as well. 
I am not sure how I would make this a requirement in my classes at this point.  However, I do see it could be useful in getting students to share their problem solving strategies.



http://mathforelementaryteacherscourse.wikispaces.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment